It is the mission of Kansas City Irish Fest to graciously provide our local and regional community with the best, friendliest and most enjoyable Irish cultural weekend in Kansas City by creating and presenting the best blend of music, education and (great) craic.
Kansas City Irish Fest is committed to:
- Presenting family-friendly entertainment, activities and products
- Providing opportunities for Irish organizations to promote positive & peaceful causes
- Perpetuating the study and appreciation of Irish history and genealogy
- Developing and cultivating opportunities for leadership and volunteerism
- Deepening a sense of community among Irish Americans and all ethnic groups that contribute to the unique flavor and vitality of the Midwest
- Bringing the heart of Ireland to the heart of Kansas City
Named the “Best Ethnic Festival” in Kansas City in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and twice voted the “Best Festival in Kansas City” by the KC Convention & Visitors Association’s Visitors’ Choice Awards.
Kansas City Irish Fest is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the culture, music, character and history of Ireland and of the Irish people who call Kansas City home. Now planning our 12th year, the Kansas City Irish Fest was born of the merger of two successful, smaller neighborhood events, the Brookside and Westport Irish fests. Located in the heart of Kansas City on beautiful Crown Center Square, KCIF regularly hosts around 100,000 people throughout the weekend. Kansas City Irish Fest is not affiliated with, or a branch of, or managed by any retail or wholesale business, local or otherwise. We are not organized by, operated by or a chapter of any group, union or organization other than our own. KCIF is almost 100% volunteer staffed, and is grateful for the help of nearly 1000 volunteers annually.
The Directors and Officers of Kansas City Irish Fest
- Executive Director: Keli O’Neill Wenzel
- President: Ed Follis
- Vice-President: Jeff Slattery
- Treasurer: Jeff Slattery
- Secretary: Sarah Walsh
- Director: Jan Aylward
- Director: Matthew O'Callaghan
- Director: Dan Regan
- Director: Anthony Canning
- Director: Sheri Heath
- Director: Liz O'Boyle
- Director: Steve Dilks